The St. Joan of Arc Knights of Columbus was chartered in January 1992. We have about 55 active members. We usually meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in classrooms 11 & 12.
The Knights support many activities of the parish and our community, including the following:
- Support parish through Fish Fry on six Fridays during Lent
- Provide support of $100 per month for a selected seminarian
- Support worthy charities through our Ohio Charities Raffle
- Support mentally disabled through our annual “Measure Up” campaign
- Support mentally disabled through our annual sales of Columbus Clippers tickets
- Support vocations through our Pennies from Heaven campaign
- Prepare food for the annual Parish Picnic
- Collect money for Salvation Army during two Saturdays in December at Sawmill Kroger
- Support RCIA by donation of rosaries to all candidates
- Provide color guard for annual Powell Memorial Day parade
- Provide honor guard for Bishop during Confirmation Masses
- Support “Keep Christ in Christmas” campaign by sponsoring highway billboard each December
- Support Sunday TV Mass through annual donation
- Provide sense of fraternity through member social activities, including camping trips, annual picnics, Riverwatch/ OSU football fundraiser, Christmas parties and other events
This is just a sample of the activities we do throughout the year. We provide financial support to many other causes, as well as general parish support on an as-needed basis. No member is expected to do everything, only what he is willing and able to do.
A great benefit to being a member of the Knights is the AAAA rated life insurance available to Knights only, established in 1882 by our founder Fr. Michael J. McGivney.
Deputy Grand Knight
Learn more about the Knights of Columbus at St. Joan of Arc.