Can. 879 The sacrament of confirmation strengthens the baptized and obliges them more firmly to be witnesses of Christ by word and deed and to spread and defend the faith. It imprints a character, enriches by the gift of the Holy Spirit the baptized continuing on the path of Christian initiation, and binds them more perfectly to the Church.
Confirmation completes the sacraments of initiation into the Catholic faith. It is a serious step in the faith formation of our Catholic youth. In Confirmation the power and presence of the Holy Spirit is intensified, we receive a special grace by which our faith is deepened and strengthened, uniting us more closely to Christ, which helps us to spread and defend our faith. Saying yes to receiving the sacrament indicates that this preparation is important and that you are willing to commit to this Confirmation Program. Here at St. Joan of Arc students in our Youth Faith Formation program are confirmed in the 8th grade following 2 years of preparation.
Student Confirmation 8th Grade
Our students are confirmed here at St Joan of Arc in the 8th grade. We use the Confirmation program Chosen by Ascension Press (CLICK HERE FOR AN OVERVIEW). This 24-week DVD/discussion-based program is used over 7th and 8th grade providing intellectual and spiritual readiness in preparing students for the reception of Confirmation. Our 8th graders also attend a one-day Confirmation Retreat. This offers students an opportunity to step away from their typical day and spend quality time with the Holy Spirit. It also allows them to dig deeper into what the sacrament of Confirmation means for them.
In preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation we have the following requirements/assignments and additional information.
- Participation in a Catholic School religion class or a Youth Faith Formation class of two years prior to the celebration of the sacraments.
- Sponsor Role & Requirements Information CLICK HERE
- Information on Choosing a Sponsor CLICK HERE
- Sponsor Essay Information CLICK HERE
- Discipleship Opportunity & Reflection 8-10 hours Fillable Form CLICK HERE
- Saint Report & Bulletin Board Announcement Fillable Form CLICK HERE
- Confirmation & Sponsor Information Fillable Form to be filled out by a parent CLICK HERE
Instructions for completing Fillable Forms
1. Download form from website
2. Save empty form to your hard drive
3. Pull up the form from your hard drive
4. Fill out the form
5. Save the form
6. Attach form to email and submit to mspaperwork@stjoanofarcpowell.
IMPORTANT- Blank form needs to be downloaded and saved before filling out in order to save your work.
Confirmation Frequently Asked Questions CLICK HERE
Sign up for Reminders CLICK HERE
Have additional questions?
Evangelization Coordinator Grades 5-8