The St. Joan of Arc Knights of Columbus was chartered in January 1992. We have about 55 active members. We usually meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in classrooms 11 & 12.
The Knights support many activities of the parish and our community, including the following:
- Support parish through Fish Fry on six Fridays during Lent
- Provide support of $100 per month for a selected seminarian
- Support worthy charities through our Ohio Charities Raffle
- Support mentally disabled through our annual “Measure Up” campaign
- Support mentally disabled through our annual sales of Columbus Clippers tickets
- Support vocations through our Pennies from Heaven campaign
- Prepare food for the annual Parish Picnic
- Collect money for Salvation Army during two Saturdays in December at Sawmill Kroger
- Support RCIA by donation of rosaries to all candidates
- Provide color guard for annual Powell Memorial Day parade
- Provide honor guard for Bishop during Confirmation Masses
- Support “Keep Christ in Christmas” campaign by sponsoring highway billboard each December
- Support Sunday TV Mass through annual donation
- Provide sense of fraternity through member social activities, including camping trips, annual picnics, Riverwatch/ OSU football fundraiser, Christmas parties and other events
This is just a sample of the activities we do throughout the year. We provide financial support to many other causes, as well as general parish support on an as-needed basis. No member is expected to do everything, only what he is willing and able to do.
A great benefit to being a member of the Knights is the AAAA rated life insurance available to Knights only, established in 1882 by our founder Fr. Michael J. McGivney.
Mike Durst: 614-389-3020
Deputy Grand Knight
Learn more about the Knights of Columbus at St. Joan of Arc.