St. Joan of Arc Parish was begun on July 14, 1987 in southern Delaware County, Ohio. Fr. (now Monsignor) George Schlegel was appointed pastor by Bishop James Griffin. In the beginning, without a church of our own, we met in a storefront. We grew very quickly from 800 families to nearly 3800 today.
With our growth came many people who began organizations that have grown to over 40 different ways to serve God and celebrate our blessings.
Along the way, we built a beautiful church, with a day chapel, Eucharistic Chapel and 6 classrooms. Since then, we have added a social hall and 6 more classrooms, and then later, added 8 more classrooms, and expanded the church to seat 1300 (from 1000). We continue to grow in numbers and ministries. Nearly 1900 children receive religious education today.
We are a blessed community and invite anyone to come worship with us.